Posts Tagged ‘wine sales’
Unless you have been in a cave, or not reading my blog, (tsk tsk) as a wine lover you know this weekend is the Taste of Alexander Valley, a spectacular wine and food event, where for only $55 (with promo code) you can visit 35 wineries pouring world class wines, paired with gourmet food bites.
Wineries survive on wine sales, and look forward to these events for the opportunity to meet people face to face, try their wines, and if they like them, take some home. During the Taste Alexander Valley, many wineries offer exceptional incentives make that decision a little bit easier.
Winery Sales Promotions this weekend include:
- deLorimier Winery: Is offering 50% off Case only special (mix & match ok)
- 2004 deLorimier “Mosaic” Meritage ($40 retail)
- 2005 Preston Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – Alexander Valley ($36 retail)
- 2005 Preston Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon – Alexander Valley ($52 retail)
- 2005 Dry Creek Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($24 retail)
Plus Free Shipping on Orders of 3 or more cases. Limited quantities of above, so don’t wait!
- HANNA: Is offering 15% off any 6 bottle purchases (30% to wine club members).
- Joseph Family Vineyards: Will be offering its Alexander Valley Cabernets at a 10% discount off the regular retail 750 ml bottle price of $40. The wines that will be offered and available for tasting are the 2005 ( 92 pts. Wine Entusiast): $36 [Limited Availability] and the 2006 ( Double Gold, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competion; 90 pts. Steven Tanzer): $36
- Rodney Strong (Sunday only): Is offering 20% discount on purchases of six bottles or more
- Simi Winery: Will be offering 25% off of any mixed 6 bottle combo except older/library vintages and large format. Also, the famed Sonoma County Chardonnay at $10 a bottle by the case only normally $18 a bottle.
- Sausal Winery: Is offering 15% off any 6-pack and 20% off any case purchase.
- Terroirs Artisan Wines: Is offering 25% discount on the Palmeri 2005 Syrah Van Ness Vineyard. Regular price is $37.
- Trione Vineyards and Winery: Is offering:
- 2007 Sauvignon Blanc; regularly $23, during TAV it will be $16 per bottle.
- “Russian River Blow Out!” Buy a mixed case (4 each) of our 2006 Pinot, 2006 Chardonnay and 2007 Sauvignon Blanc for $269, regularly $384!
- All guests receive 20% on our 2005 single vineyard Reserve Cabernet and our pre-release 2006 Red Wine (usually ONLY discounted to wine club!) Club members receive 30% off!
- Social Media and 4Square Gurus – Tweet with #Trione, #TAV10 – check in, tweet us, post a pic on Twitter or Facebook and show it to receive the wine club discount on featured wines!
- VIP Tour and Tastings for 6 to everyone 100th guest (follow on Twitter w/#Trione and @TrioneWinery)
- White Oak Winery: Will be offering a discount on their 2007 Russian River Sauvignon Blanc. Normally $16.00 a bottle: $11.95 for one bottle, $9.95 per bottle if you purchase a 1/2 case, $8.00 per bottle if you purchase a case. Also, all White Oak non-wine merchandise will be $10 off! Items less than $10 are “Buy one, get 1 50% off”.
This is a great opportunity to stock up, Buy Local, and have memories later to remember the event; if you enjoy the wine and the hospitality, grab a few bottles. Per yesterday’s article, Tips & Suggestions for June 5&6 Taste Alexander Valley, don’t forget to pack a cooler, or two!
Twitter posts are also displayed right here on the blog on the Tweetedia widget on the right column of the blog.
Simple Hedonisms enjoyed a great first weekend of Friday and Saturday Barrel Tasting! This was made especially fun by running around with Wine Writers Allie and Peter of My Wine Words. I am looking forward to this 2nd final weekend, and plan to go out all three days if I can. If you haven’t bought tickets, they are available at the door of participating wineries, 103 of the 160, participating this 2nd weekend.
For those of you going this weekend, who didn’t catch my 4 articles, check out these for hints and tips.
also for Wineries:
Since not all wineries participate both weekends, and I learned of some new additions, here is an updated list of the Wineries offering special incentives on existing inventory. (Different than futures discounts.)
- When you arrive in Alexander Valley this weekend check in on FourSquare and/or Tweet about @StrykerSonoma & @TrioneWinery. While you are at each Winery receive a special discount of 30% on 3 bottles or more and free swag! (Architectural Rendering Shirt at Stryker) Just show the tasting room staff what you had to say about @StrykerSonoma & @TrioneWinery to receive your discount & Swag!!
Visit BOTH Wineries and Be Eligible for:
- Visitors who check in at both wineries will be entered into a drawing for a lunch for Ten atop the mountain, overlooking Alexander Valley.
- As an extra special treat, Secret Barrel Samples at Stryker Sonoma (officially not doing barrel tasting this weekend).AND Futures are still 15% off (Stryker only discounts to Club Members usually.)
- Check out Michel-Schlumberger’s crazy deals; $10 bottles and $100 cases.
- In addition to their renowned “Crazy Coffaro Futures Program,” David Coffaro will be offering the following for $20 each:
- 2006 My Zin, 2006 Cabernet (Sonoma County), 2006 Petite Sirah, 2006 Escuro
- Mueller Winery is offering Mueller Winery is offering a 15% discount on all current release bottled wines, Friday through Sunday. They are also releasing our 2007 Mueller Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir tomorrow. (92 cases produced)
- Manzanita Creek is offering their 2006 MC2 (squared) Zin for just $64 per case (SRP $14), and we have their 2005 Stealth Zin, Sweepstakes winner at the International Pro Wine Buyers Competition at the other extreme for just $396 per case (SRP $55.)
J Keverson (revised)
- J Keverson has a special offer: 2007 Starkey’s Court Dry Creek Zin On Friday 10 cases $99.00 Reg. $300.00. After the 1st 10 are gone $150 (50% off retail.)
Previous Weekends Offers Still Going (To best of my knowledge)
- Lynmar is offering Purchases including these four wines: 2004 Quail Hill Estate Chard, 2006 Russian River Pinot Noir, 2006 Russian River Chardonnay (almost gone) & 2006 Sonoma Coast Syrah are priced at the following discount: 3btls: 20% off, 6btls: 25% off, 12btls: 35% off.
- Longboard Is offering a a mix-and-match discount special for your-choice combination of our Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Point Break Red. 3 bottles for $60, 6 bottles for $120 and a case for $240.”In addition Longboard has just put out a Magnums only library release with prices starting @ $100. (Club discounts apply.) Their 2005 Syrah is also on sale by the case.
- Mounts is offering special discounts on its existing inventory, which includes Rose, Cabernet, Petite Syrah, Syrah and Zin.10% on half case (normally 5%), 20% on full case (normally 10%) You can mix and match for full case discount – no minimum per varietal required.
- Trione Is offering a special case discount on the 2007 Sauvignon Blanc of $138 to people who mention the hashtag #barreltasting, check in on Foursquare, or Twitter/Facebook/Blog promotion.
- Also, each day they will be drawing a prize to every 100th customer who comes. The prizes will include but are not limited to hats, T-shirts and VIP tour and tasting for 6 people with a wine educator.
- Kokomo is putting 2006 Dry Creek Zin on special. It normally retails for $27, but for the weekends only during the event, it will be $22.50.
- Sausal Winery is offering a 15% discount on any purchase of our 2006 Private Reserve Zinfandel (100% Estate Zin from 90 year-old vines) and a 15% discount off any purchase on our Sogni ‘d Oro (Italian style blend of Sangiovese, Zinfandel, Carignane, and Petite Sirah.)
- They will also be doing a 15% off discount off any 6 bottles purchase (mix and match) or 20% off a case (mix and match).
- Acorn Is offering 15% off 6-11 bottles, and 30% off a case, of their 2006 Sangiovese, Axiom Syrah, and Heritage Vines Zinfandel. Mixed Cases ok.
- Dutcher Crossing is offering a 4 pack special in the tasting room for 15% off.
Other Interesting Offers
D’Argenzio Winery (both weekends)
- D’Argenzio is holding a raffle to win 2 complementary tickets to winemaker dinner at Inn at the Tides, May 21 Friday night $79.00 each, Each purchase of a case of wine earns an entry into drawing and winners at the end of each weekend.
Have a Great Barrel Tasting weekend! Be safe, stock up on wine, and let us know on our Facebook Fan site, where ya want!