Posts Tagged ‘wine promotion’
While barrel samples and futures are the main focus of the Wine Road Barrel Tasting, as discussed earlier this week; but its also a great time for Wineries to introduce new releases, and offer sales to visitors to incent you to take some of their work home with you. Many of the Wine Road wineries are small, family owned – this is a business for love, not wealth. Support these small artisans with your purchases, instead of your local grocery store.
The list is too long to link to each winery, so use the Wine Road maps and event program to find each one. The Wine Road website is an amazing resource. Remember not all wineries participate both weekends, and some are doing Barrel Tasting on Friday as well, so CHECK the program!
$199.00 for any full or mixed case of 2007 Private Reserve Zinfandel and 2005 Sogno della Famiglia, or 10% off any 1-5 bottle purchase and 20% off 6 or more bottles.
Offering a special 20% of 6-11 bottles and 25% off a case (35% for Club members.) Futures of the 09 Sangiovese and 09 Axiom Syrah are available in same discount volume.
10% off the 2005 Zin (Chronicle Double Gold) or buy 3 and get the 4th on them.
Futures: 30% off 2010 Pinot Gris, 2009 Pinot Noir, 2009 Zin, 2009 Abouriou
Is offering the 2007 Moshin Vineyards Zinfandel – Dry Creek Valley. Regularly $30.00/btl., this weekend it is $15.00 when you buy a case at $180. This wine will be available for tasting and you’ll agree that this tasty little gem of a balanced Zinfandel will become your new favorite “House Wine” at this price! Only 475 cases made!
Special sale on their ’07 Wood Road Reserve Zins and our 2009 Sauvignon Blanc. 3 bottles 10%, 6 bottles 15% . 35% off a case of the ’07 Zin and ’09 SB. (Additional discounts for Club members.)
Offering 3 ‘quick picks’.
- The $60.00 Bundle ($68 retail)
- The $80.00 Bundle ($89 retail)
2008- Chardonnay, 2008- RRV Pinot Noir, 2007- Russian River Syrah, Gold~Sonoma County Harvest Fair-2010, 91 pts.~Wine Enthusiast
- The $90.00 Bundle ($105 retail)
2008- RRV Pinot Noir, 2008- Dakine Merlot, 2006 – Syrah Dakine Vyd, 92 pts~Wine Enthusiast
Longboard is also offering futures for the first time: 20% (25% for Wine Club) : Barrel Selection is all single vineyard lots, first single vineyard Pinot Noir from Red Rooster, Sonoma Coast, Ballistic Zinfandel, Chalk Hill and Redgrav Cabernet, Alexander Valley.
J. Keverson Winery
06 RR Pinot is on sale $15/bottle or $144/case. Their 06 sangiovese $12/bottle or 120/case.
Balletto Vineyards & Winery
Visit Balletto Vineyards & Winery for March Madness! Every visitor will receive a basketball necklace to start off the games. Taste 7 wines out of the barrel then rebound to the tasting room where they will have some smokin’ wine deals! The more you purchase the more you save; up to 50% off on 08 Pinot Gris, 07 Teresa’s Chardonnay and 08 Gewurztraminer.
offering: 2009 La Naris: Retail $28/btl, SALE $23. 20o6 Kendric Pinot Noir: Retail $42/btl, SALE $37. 2006 Petite Sirah: Retail $32/btl, SALE $27
Barrel Samples will be the: 2010 Vinolocity Blanc (AKA La Naris), 2009 Weatherly Cuvee, 25% off for public 30% off for wine club members.
30% closeout discount on 12 bottle cases of the 06 Pinot & 06 Zinfandel.
Futures save 40% from their release price next year. Must buy in 12 bottle case increments – can mix or match cases.
- 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon, Dry Creek Valley – $48 / $28.80. 2009 Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley – $32 / $19.20. 2009 Syrah, Dry Creek Valley – $36 / cheapest cialis $21.60
- 2010 Chardonnay, Russian River Valley – $24 / $14.40. 2010 Viognier, Russian River Valley – $32 / $19.20. 2010 Zinfandel, Alexander Valley – $25 / $15.00
Mix and Match Discounts on ten wines: 10% off 6 bottles, 15% off 12 bottles, 25% off 18+ bottles – click here for the list and order form. (Has Barrel future offers as well.)
Offering this sale while supplies last: 2007 Syrah Hommage A Ampuis, 2007 Petite Sirah-Grenache. 20% off single bottles, 30% off cases mix-and-match.
Futures: 2010 Grenache and 2009 Petite Sirah. Half and full cases. 20% discount, 40% for club.
Orsi Papale will have a case special on the 2005 Dry Creek Cabernet for $180 and the 2005 Russian River Pinot for $150 a case.
Are running a special on the 07 Estate Zinfandel – $150 for a case – only 25 cases left! Also special event discounts: 10% on 6 bottles and 20% on 12 or more, wine club ; 15%, 20% or 25%.
Futures – featuring the 2010 Viognier for the first time! Plus Old Vines Zinfandel, Malbec, Grenache & Petite Sirah. Discounts on futures are 15% on a half case and 25% on a full case (half & half = full case discount). Wine Club members get even bigger discounts!
10% off 2008 Zinfandel, Dry Creek and 2008 Barbera, Nevada County, and no charge shipping of 12 bottles or more.
Futures: 6 bottle minimum purchase for Future’s pricing.
2009 Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley. Release Price: $30; Future’s Price: $24; Appassionato Price:
$20 2009 Barbera, Mendocino County. Release Price $36; Future’s Price $28; Appassionato Price: $24
Buy six 2006 Zins, and get six on them!
Inman Family Wines
20% off the Terroir Trio – OGV Estate. This special 3 bottle vertical of OGV Estate Pinot is a chance to taste the recently re-released 2006 from library and the soon to be released 2008 alongside the 2007 vintage.
Futures: 30% off the 2009 Thorn Ridge
Davis Family Vineyards
10% off all current released wines & 15% off all current released cases
Stephen & Walker Winery
Is offering 50% off full or mix and match cases of their 2009 Patrona and 2007 Monterey County Pinot Noir.
Enjoy your weekend(s), be safe, responsible and courteous, and have fun!
Watch for my broadcasts ‘live’ on Facebook and Twitter (hashtag #WRBT)
Cheers and thanks for reading Simple Hedonisms Wine Blog !
So how do you take a great weekend event in the Heart of Sonoma Valley, enjoying food, wine, music, and art at the 20th Annual Savor Sonoma Food and Wine Experience (22 wineries in the historic Glen Ellen and Kenwood region) and make it better?
Throw in barrel tasting, future sales, and great sales promotions on existing inventory, thats how! Try great wines, and save money on wine you can take home today, as well as new releases later this year. Print this out and take it along!
- 2004 Case Sale: Cases of remaining 2004 wines will be sold at 40% off to the public, 50% off to Club members. Mix and match too.
- Free St. Francis t-shirt with $75 wine purchase
- Mini Cheesesteak Sandwiches and Triple Chocolate Brownies!
- A representative from Stella & Dot Jewelry will be here to showcase their latest line
- Will be selling futures on the Russian River 2009 Saralee Pinot Noir, a very nice wine similar in complexity to the 2008 vintage. Also a brand new wine – 2009 Tempranillo with a splash (5%) of Graciano making this a beautiful rich complex wine of Spanish origins. We are especially excited about how this one came out of the cellar which will be released in October.
- Eric Ross only offers discounts to wine club members and in continuing support of them the only discount we offer is 20% to them. Should anyone like to join the wine club this weekend the discount will apply to all wine purchases.
- 2008 Pinot Noir, Laurel Hill Vineyard, Sonoma Valley, Estate Bottled $302008 Grenache, Judge Family Vineyard, Sonoma Valley $352008 Zinfandel, Ricci Vineyard, Russian River Valley, Old Vines $402008 Cabernet Sauvignon, Delaney Family Vineyard, Sonoma County $40
- 2007 Pinot Gris, Balletto Vineyard, Sonoma Coast $25
- 2007 Viognier, Saralee’s Vineyard, Russian River Valley, $35
- 2006 Syrah, Ostrander Vineyard, Sonoma Valley, $35
- 2005 Meritage, Rancho Salinas Vineyard, Sonoma Valley $40
- Enjoy Barrel tasting in the aging caves of the 2010 Reserve Chardonnay and Rhone blend 2008 Vallee de la Lune
- 2007 Chardonnay – C. S. Ridge $96/case
- 2005 Merlot $72/ case
- 2006 Sangiovese $120/case
- VJB Vineyards and Cellars will be barrel sampling from the 08 & 09 vintage and will be offering 30-35% discounts on case purchases of both futures and on case purchases of current release bottled wines.
- Join owner & executive chef Maria Belmonte cooking live and will be selling her homemade sauces & biscotti’s this weekend!
The theme this year is Mardi Gras and GatorBeat will be performing on Saturday.
Barrel Samples, Future Sales:
- Offering 3 barrel samples this year: 2009 Chardonnay Cold Creek. 2009 Pinot Noir So Co, 2007 Cabernet Sauv. Cinq Cépages.
- Futures will be available at the following case prices: Chard = $195; Pinot = $135 and Cinq = $555; all 3 of them are super “crazy” deals.
Finished Wine Promotion: Chateau St. Jean is offering a 4 pack of wines, normally $96, on sales for $60. The 4 pack includes:
- 2007 Pinot Blanc (perennial favorite). 2007 Chardonnay Durell (crème brulee in a glass). 2007 Pinot Noir So Co (burgundian delight) a 2006 Cabernet Sauv. So Co. (chocolate covered cherries aromas) .
Join Enkidu in their new one year anniversary of their tasting room. They are pouring eight wines this weekend, including our new release (and first) Sangiovese.
Enkidu is are offering 15% off any wine purchase for 4 – 11 bottles and 20% off for 12 bottles or more, this weekend only.
Special event discount:
- 10% off 3 Bottles, 15% off 6 Bottles, 20% off 12 Bottles
- Barrel Tasting Pack: Overlook Chardonnay $28; Grand Detour Pinot Noir $40; Grenache $25. Buy all three for $80 (save $13)
If you haven’t already bought tickets, they are still available for purchase at the door of participating wineries. Click the link to download the full map and program.
As always for events I advise: (1) make a plan so you taste, try what you want. (2) Drink responsibly – its wine tasting. If you are a serious taster/buyer, your palette is changed after only a few pours. Bring your own spit cup, and use dump buckets. (3) Wineries are businesses, often small ones, not charities. They survive on sales, so if you like their wines, buy some. If you REALLY like their wines, consider joining the wine club. Additional suggestions for events are in previous articles, including this one.
We will be out and about Sunday, if you see us, say hi!