Posts Tagged ‘Twitter tasting’
Join Simple Hedonisms this Friday 4-6 pm for a Live Tasting of Steven Kent &amp; La Rochelle Wines
Simple Hedonisms receives a fair amount of invites to attend live Twitter tastings – a format where you receive the wines, and then join other bloggers on Twitter, tasting, chatting and discussing.
I turn more of these down then accept these days, often either because of ‘day job’ travel conflicts or
often the wines are more mass market and just less interesting.
However I was super excited to receive an invitation to taste the great wines of Steven Kent (Mirassou) and his other label La Rochelle. La Rochelle specializes in Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.I discovered the La Rochelle Pinot Noir, some years ago at Pinot on The River and was a big fan.
Live, virtual tastings on Twitter can be quite fun to follow, and better yet, join in. Hand selected bloggers will be comparing notes, and engaging the winemaker cheap cialis from canada in questions and dialog.
You can follow along on Twitter hashtag #StevenKentWines – simply search for it on your Twitter browser or application. (You can also go to search.twitter.com and enter #StevenKentWines .)
On Twitter, you may join in and ask questions, reply to the winemakers or bloggers etc. (Twitter account required.)
You can also purchase the wines and share your thoughts!
Wine shops like K&L Wines, JJ Buckley, and Beltramos carry them, amongst others.
- Winemaker Steven Kent Mirassou – @StevenMirassou
- Steven Kent Winery – @skwinery
- La Rochelle – @larochellewine
From 4-6 pm, Pacific time, the bloggers will taste through these wines with the winemaker:
- 2011 “Lola” (Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon Blend) $24
- 2010 La Rochelle Chardonnay, Dutton-Morelli Lane, Russian River Valley $65
- 2009 La Rochelle Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands $38
- 2009 La Rochelle Pinot Noir, Donum Estate, Carneros $75
- 2009 Steven Kent Petite Verdot, Ghielmetti Vineyard, Livermore Valley $50
- 2009 Steven Kent Cabernet, Home Ranch Vineyard, Livermore Valley $65
Find one and join us!
For those that miss it, I will add notes to my Cellartracker tasting notes – now over 1,000 notes recorded!
See you on Twitter, and cheers.
In case you missed it, tomorrow is Global #ChampagneDay!! (Note this is champagne, which is specifically limited to sparkling wine from the Champagne regio
n of France. Even Cremant, sparkling wine from other regions of France, is not Champagne. So please leave that bottle of Gloria Ferrer or Barefoot for #SparklingDay.
There are many events happening around the world from the heart of the Champagne region to Japan to Australia to South America and of course, in the USA. You can locate an event near you by visiting this interactive Google map http://t.co/wVGqMyqe.
There is also a live video tasting for #ChampagneDay on toutsuite.com
with some great guests, including Catherin Fallis, Master Sommelier and Master Sabreuse at Sabering Champagne, who will be showing us the correct way to saber a Champagne bottle and talking all things Champagne. Also joining will be some well-known producers and smaller grower/producers, Champagne importers, bloggers, etc. There will also be a mixologist on deck to talk about the perfect Champagne cocktails.
Simple Hedonisms will be onsite for this tasting and broadcast – be sure to join us from 3pm to 7pm PST for this livestreaming event via toutsuite.com and tweet us your question by using the #ChampagneDay hashtag.
How you can join in the bubbles (no saber necessary):
- Pick out a Champagne to enjoy on #ChampagneDay.
- Whether you're at home, out at a restaurant or tuned in to our live show(toutsuite.com), you can post your memories online for others to see.
- Share your label photos, tastes, likes, food pairings or any other experiences on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. making sure to include #ChampagneDay in your post.
- Host your own event or home tasting
- Visit toutsuite.com between 3pm -7pm PST to watch and join in live.
Take Photos & Enter to Win & iPad!
To Enter the Champagne Day contest to win an iPad click here: Champagne Day photo contest
Be Like Nike – Just Do It!
So head to your local wine shop tonight, and pick out something for tomorrow! What better way to kick of Friday night & your weekend.
See you online tomorrow Friday, October 26th!
Tuesday Mar 20th – Join The Rhone Rangers and &quot;SonomaWilliam' for a Live Rhone Twitter Tasting 530-700 pm
Rhone Rhone Rhone! As I wrote Saturday in
March 24-25th in SF: “A Weekend Celebration of American Rhônes” or “Palate Enlightenment”. Read, Learn, Share and Win Grand Tasting Tickets
March 24-25th in SF: “A Weekend Celebration of American Rhônes” or “Palate Enlightenment”. Read, Learn, Share and Win Grand Tasting Ticketsthis weekend its all about Rhone wines.
To celebrate and get the Twitter Hashtag for the event, #RRSF warmed up, the Rhone Rangers canada pharmacy viagra (@RhoneRangers and I (@SonomaWilliam ) will be doing a live Rhone wine tasting and ask all of you to join us.
Just grab a bottle of Rhone wine (Domestic please in this case) preferably from one of the 140 Rhone Ranger members, crack it open, and share your
thoughts with the other bloggers, consumers, winemakers that will join us.
We have already lined up many of the Bay Are bloggers to join us, it should be a lively event! The more the merrier.
- Every time you Tweet during the tasting, use the hashtag #RRSF . This is the hashtag for this Weekend’s event – lets get it warmed up.
- The tasting is from 530-7:00 pm Tuesday March 20th, Pacific time.
- For maximum benefit, set up a search column for #RRSF in a aggregation tool like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite – that way all the Tweets for the event are together. Worst case you can also do a search via a web browser simply click here.
Grab a bottle or glass, your smartphone or laptop, and
join the Rhone celebration – Rhone on with #RRSF !