Posts Tagged ‘Taste Alexander Valley’
Last week I wrote about the Taste Alexander Valley event and special reader ticket discount code. In a nutshell 30 wineries will roll out the red carpet, for a great weekend full of food, music, and wine. The atmosphere is always fun, lively, and down to earth. Each of the wineries will offer gourmet foods, paired with their own wines and many will incorporate a party theme featuring musical entertainment. Special wine discounts will also be available at most venues. Download the 3 page program here and plan your route!
Enter to Win Tickets – Two Different Ways:
Read carefully – TWO ways to win and you can enter both!
(1) Post in comments:
Tell us your favorite winery of the participating 30 wineries (list here) and why.
If you have never visited any, which would be your top choice to visit, and wine(s) to try.
(2) Become an email subscriber (existing ones win too!)
Subscribe to Simple Hedonisms email updates so you never miss an article. Email is secure and never spammed. Important: You MUST complete the registration process to be eligible, which requires you click on a verificati
Winners will be drawn this Wednesday at 5pm – only 48 hours, get on it! And don’t forget to take advantage of specials to stock up, buy local, and support your local small artisans!
If you don't win, you still have until Thursday night to save money by purchasing advance tickets – just click here, and enter code SIMPLE at checkout for $10 off. People, that’s $55 for two days of world class entertainment, best value date in town!
Follow the Fun
Alexander Valley is home to 40 wineries and stunning vineyards. Each year they roll out the red carpet, throw open the doors (and bottles) for a great weekend full of food, music, and wine. The atmosphere is always fun, lively, and down to earth.
Guests will enjoy world class wines, international foods and a variety of outdoor entertainment while enjoying breathtaking views of northern Sonoma County’s inspiring mountainside vineyards.
Each of the more than 30 wineries will offer gourmet foods, paired with their own wines and many will incorporate a party theme featuring musical entertainment. Special wine discounts will also be available at most venues.
A few examples of the fun:
- Latin jazz, samba and rock fusion performed by Bautista, will hold court at Alexander Valley Vineyards along with their smoky syrahs, spicy zinfandels and braised short ribs courtesy of Healdsburg’s Zin Restaurant.
- deLorimier Winery“Hollywood in Wine Country” – deLorimier will be featuring their entire collection of beautiful wines, grilled rib-eye steaks and 3 barrels to taste the future of deLorimier Winery. Live music both days provided by the Open Hearts band.
- Robert Young 'Area 27' – Local residents of Alexander Valley have reported seeing unusually bright lights in the evening sky. After extensive investigation by high-level government
officials, the remarkable phenomenon at the Robert Young Vineyards known as Area 27 is still a mystery. Soon after the sightings, reliable sources observed curious activity at the Robert Young Estate Winery. Wine aficionados often attribute terrestrial elements (Terroir) for the winery’s distinguished and elegant wines, but perhaps, the contributing elements are extraterrestrial. Whatever is cooking at Robert Young, it must be Out of This World!
Download the 3 page program here and plan your route!
Other weekend hosts featuring live music
include Clos de Bois Wi
nes, Delorimier Winery and Hanna Winery & Vineyards — playing off of Mardi Gras, Hollywood in Wine Country and Major League Baseball themes. Lots of summertime BBQ favorites, summer salsas and chutneys, specialty pizzas, gourmet sliders and pulled pork sandwiches, artisan cheeses and luscious desserts will be featured alongside Alexander Valley’s world class varietals and blends over the fun-filled weekend.
Weekend passes (valid for both days – 11am to 4pm) are $65 per person in advance and $75 per person the day of the event. Tickets for the Opening Gala dinner event on Friday, May 20 from 5:00 to 8:30pm are nolvadex pils $90/person.
To purchase tickets click here, and enter code SIMPLE at checkout for $10 off. People, that's $55 for two days of world class entertainment, best value date in town! Expires Wed. May 18th.
Winery participants are Alexander Valley Vineyards, Blue Rock Vineyard, Clos du Bois, deLorimier Winery, Field Stone Winery & Vineyard, Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Garden Creek Winery, Hanna Winery & Vineyards, Hart’s Desire Wines, Hawkes Wine, Icaria Winery, J. Rickards Winery, Kelley & Young, Medlock Ames, Mercury Wine, Palmeri Wines, Pech Merle Winery, Pendleton Estate, Quaking Hills Winery, Robert Young Estate Winery, Rodney Strong Vineyards, Sapphire Hill Winery, Sausal Winery, Silver Oak Cellars, Simi Winery, Soda Rock Winery, Souverain, Starlite Vineyards, Stonestreet Winery, Stryker Sonoma, Stuhlmuller Vineyards, Trione Vineyards & Winery, Vintners Signatures and White Oak Vineyards & Winery.
Enjoy the discount code (share the love!) and the great weekend – cheers!
Ever have one of those weeks you wanted to clone yourself to get more done? As a lover of Wine Country Events, its a weekend like that, starting tomorrow. Just North Sonoma alone is a hotbed of activity. Featured below are some of the highlights.
The folks in Alexander Valley, a wine region in North Sonoma, have outdone themselves with a stunning array of food and wine pairings, and entertainment to boot at many. 35 wineries, some open only for this event, are pouring great wines, pairing savory wine country food. Check out previous articles for details. Tickets are no longer available online here, are $75 at door. That’s a bargain for ten hours of Sonoma entertainment.
The event kicked off last night with the Opening Night Gala at Rodney Strong’s rarely open Crown Vineyard. It’s sold out, sorry, I did say to buy early!
Plan your day using Tips & Suggestions for June 5&6 Taste Alexander Valley.
Russian River Single Night (Single Wines, not people) – Saturday 630-10pm
C. Donatiello Winery
4035 Westside Road
Healdsburg, CA 95448
The Russian River Wine Growers are hosting a new event, this Saturday night, Singles Night. No, its not a meat market, its for everyone, the ‘Single’ being single varietal (grape ) wines. This fun filled, unique is at C. Donietello Winery. Get there on time for the special tasting in the cellar room that starts at 630. Bring friends to bid on the very cool auction lots, specially designed to win/share with friends. Details here and here. The list of Single Night participating Wineries is pretty spetacular. As of now, some tickets are still available, but have been selling briskly.
8 at the Gate – Sunday, June 6th 11am to 4pm.
8 at The Gate is a special treat if you are a club member of one of these 8 wineries: Balletto Vineyards, Dutton-Goldfield Winery, Dutton Estate Winery, Hanna Winery, Iron Horse Vineyards, Marimar Estate and Taft Street Winery. I am a little miffed about short notice for this event, (I am a member) and overlap to the Taste Alexander Valley event. I know overlap is sometimes inevitable, but it would be nice to see the North Sonoma Wine Road appellations try and co-ordinate; I’d have liked to attend, and spend money at both events.
The event is a traveling farmer’s market with each winery pouring their best wines, offering irresistible wine club discounts and showcasing a local food purveyor and fresh produce from their own winery gardens. For this one special day, you can visit the 8 neighboring wineries, and receive all the privileges of being a member for the day. The wineries are within three miles of each other at the gateway to the Russian River Valley, so it’s a perfect fit for a one-day excursion. Each membership 4 accompanying guests to share in the fun.
Windsor Oaks Vineyards, 10810 Hillview Road, Windsor, CA
Another great venue, only open 18 days a year. Chill Out by the Pinot Pond at Windsor Oaks Vineyards and Winery on Friday June 4th, Saturday June 5th and Sunday June 6th from 11 to 4! If you have a passion for Pinot, you will love tasting and comparing several their artisan Pinot Noir’s. Other award winning wines will also be poured. Order a gourmet box lunch to enjoy pond-side or bring goodies from home. $10 tasting fee waived with purchase.
Kendall Jackson Farm Stand – Saturday 10-2
The Kendall Jackson Wine Center culinary gardens are home to hundreds of fruit, vegetable and herb varietals from around the globe. It’s the source of fresh produce for our own culinary team and many exclusive restaurants in the Bay Area, and now sharing their bounty at the Kendall-Jackson Farm Stand!
- Purchase Heirloom Vegetables from the Gardens
- Chef’s Cooking Demonstrations
- Garden Seminars with Master Gardeners
- Wine Tasting and Education
The first Saturday of each month May through October, starting on Saturday, May 1.
Kickoff of 20th Annual Summer Concert Series at Rodney Strong Vineyards – Kenny Loggins, Saturday 4 pm
This year’s Rodney Strong Concert Series includes returning greats and winery first-timers that make a stellar lineup for the winery’s 20th annual concert series.
The season will kick off on June 5th with Kenny Loggins. As a solo artist Kenny went on to stardom with such top hits as “Whenever I Call You Friend”, “I’m Alright”, “Footloose” and “Danger Zone.” I ran into the head of PR last night at the TAV Gala Event, and was told a few tickets ere still left.
Season passes and individual concert tickets are available here or by calling (707) 869-1595 ext. 4. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Rodney Strong Vineyards Tasting Room. Doors: 4 p.m./Show: 5 p.m. Tickets VIP: $110/GA: $75. For more information click here.
Have a GREAT Weekend enjoying the Simple Hedonisms of Wine Country, cheers!
Unless you have been in a cave, or not reading my blog, (tsk tsk) as a wine lover you know this weekend is the Taste of Alexander Valley, a spectacular wine and food event, where for only $55 (with promo code) you can visit 35 wineries pouring world class wines, paired with gourmet food bites.
Wineries survive on wine sales, and look forward to these events for the opportunity to meet people face to face, try their wines, and if they like them, take some home. During the Taste Alexander Valley, many wineries offer exceptional incentives make that decision a little bit easier.
Winery Sales Promotions this weekend include:
- deLorimier Winery: Is offering 50% off Case only special (mix & match ok)
- 2004 deLorimier “Mosaic” Meritage ($40 retail)
- 2005 Preston Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – Alexander Valley ($36 retail)
- 2005 Preston Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon – Alexander Valley ($52 retail)
- 2005 Dry Creek Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($24 retail)
Plus Free Shipping on Orders of 3 or more cases. Limited quantities of above, so don’t wait!
- HANNA: Is offering 15% off any 6 bottle purchases (30% to wine club members).
- Joseph Family Vineyards: Will be offering its Alexander Valley Cabernets at a 10% discount off the regular retail 750 ml bottle price of $40. The wines that will be offered and available for tasting are the 2005 ( 92 pts. Wine Entusiast): $36 [Limited Availability] and the 2006 ( Double Gold, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competion; 90 pts. Steven Tanzer): $36
- Rodney Strong (Sunday only): Is offering 20% discount on purchases of six bottles or more
- Simi Winery: Will be offering 25% off of any mixed 6 bottle combo except older/library vintages and large format. Also, the famed Sonoma County Chardonnay at $10 a bottle by the case only normally $18 a bottle.
- Sausal Winery: Is offering 15% off any 6-pack and 20% off any case purchase.
- Terroirs Artisan Wines: Is offering 25% discount on the Palmeri 2005 Syrah Van Ness Vineyard. Regular price is $37.
- Trione Vineyards and Winery: Is offering:
- 2007 Sauvignon Blanc; regularly $23, during TAV it will be $16 per bottle.
- “Russian River Blow Out!” Buy a mixed case (4 each) of our 2006 Pinot, 2006 Chardonnay and 2007 Sauvignon Blanc for $269, regularly $384!
- All guests receive 20% on our 2005 single vineyard Reserve Cabernet and our pre-release 2006 Red Wine (usually ONLY discounted to wine club!) Club members receive 30% off!
- Social Media and 4Square Gurus – Tweet with #Trione, #TAV10 – check in, tweet us, post a pic on Twitter or Facebook and show it to receive the wine club discount on featured wines!
- VIP Tour and Tastings for 6 to everyone 100th guest (follow on Twitter w/#Trione and @TrioneWinery)
- White Oak Winery: Will be offering a discount on their 2007 Russian River Sauvignon Blanc. Normally $16.00 a bottle: $11.95 for one bottle, $9.95 per bottle if you purchase a 1/2 case, $8.00 per bottle if you purchase a case. Also, all White Oak non-wine merchandise will be $10 off! Items less than $10 are “Buy one, get 1 50% off”.
This is a great opportunity to stock up, Buy Local, and have memories later to remember the event; if you enjoy the wine and the hospitality, grab a few bottles. Per yesterday’s article, Tips & Suggestions for June 5&6 Taste Alexander Valley, don’t forget to pack a cooler, or two!
Twitter posts are also displayed right here on the blog on the Tweetedia widget on the right column of the blog.