Posts Tagged ‘Stryker Sonoma’
The weather is warm and gorgeous, and weekend wine country and winery events are heating up as well.
A number of great events this weekend, including:
STRYKER SONOMA 8th ANNIVERSARY PARTY
May 15th 2010, 2pm to 6pm
It’s been eight years Stryker has been sharing wine with wine club members and fans! Now get ready for the ultimate anniversary party…Stryker Sonoma Style!
Stryker has teamed up with Stark & Co. Catering featuring, Stark’s Steakhouse, Willi’s Seafood & Rawbar, Willi’s Wine Bar and Monti’s Rotisserie & Bar, to bring you Ahi Tuna Tartar Tacos, Fig & Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese Crostini’s, Grilled Meatloaf Sliders and plenty more, paired with Tim’s favorite Stryker Wines! And it doesn’t stop there!
Boogie down with one heck of a rockin live band as The Pat Jordan Band brings their great sound to the upper lawn. After the tunes, take a stroll under the Wisteria to the Tasting Room where the celebration continues, pairing Healdsburg Toffee Co. decadent chocolates with some special Stryker Sonoma Wine.
Pick up a bottle and make reservations at any one of the Starks Family of restaurants for dinner that evening and the corkage is on for Stryker Sonoma! It’s Stryker’s way of saying Thank You for eight GREAT years of sharing our passion for wine with you, our favorite friends, family, and club members!
(Make your reservations early, visit http://www.starkrestaurants.com/reservations.html to find the perfect match for your evening.)
Free to club members (& significant other); $30 for their guests. Please email Ashley for reservations Ashley@StrykerSonoma.com
HANNA Winery & Vineyard’s 25th Anniversary Celebration
Featuring a Blending Competition & Annual Winemaker Dinner, Sat, May 15, 2010 4-8 pm
Hanna is celebrating their Silver Anniversary with a wine blending competition in our Alexander Valley Barrel Room.
o Each team’s blend will be judged by the winemaking team of Winemaker, Jeff Hinchliffe, Asst. Winemaker, Marti Quan and President, Christine Hanna.
o The winning team will receive a three year vertical collection of our Bismark Mountain Vineyard Titan.
Following the competition is a delicious, celebratory & wine paired dinner by ZaZu Restaurant and their celebrity chief proprietor Duskie Estes. Dinner will be served upstairs in our gorgeous Alexander Valley Hospitality Center.
Tickets for this anniversary celebration are $150. Wine Club members are $125. For more information & reservations, please contact Alexandra at 707-431-4310 x111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport to Sonoma Valley
Saturday, May 15 – Sunday, May 16 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
Explore the unique charm of Sonoma Valley, California’s Original Wine Country!
Tour one day or the entire weekend as over 50 Sonoma Valley Wineries present over 300 exceptional wines, delicious food pairings and delightful amusement. Your passport and commemorative wine glass give you unlimited tastings, discounts on wine purchases and entry to Sonoma Valley’s acclaimed wineries and hidden gems not normally open to the public. For more information visit sonomavalleywine.com.
Special pricing extended! $40 off 2-day ticket (price now $50) and $30 off Sunday-Only ticket (price now $40)!
The sun is finally shining in Sonoma, so take advantage of this EXTENDED weekend offer and reserve your pass to tour over 50 Sonoma Valley Wineries! Enter promo code “WEEKEND” at checkout to receive your discount!
Tickets, maps and more info available here.
Open House – Windsor Oaks Vineyards and Winery
Join Windsor Oaks for a casual day of wine tasting on our beautiful 710 estate vineyard property. Since Windsor Oaks is only open to the public 18 days annually, this is the perfect opportunity to stop by and sip our award-winning wines. Bring a picnic or order from our list of hot and cold gourmet lunches. (Drat I have to fly to Savannah to speak at a conference, will miss. )
More details on their Facebook Fan site event.
Check the Simple Hedonisms Calendar regularly for events, and don’t forget you can download them right to your Desktop, Google, or other .ics form calendar.
Have a great weekend – cheers!
Simple Hedonisms enjoyed a great first weekend of Friday and Saturday Barrel Tasting! This was made especially fun by running around with Wine Writers Allie and Peter of My Wine Words. I am looking forward to this 2nd final weekend, and plan to go out all three days if I can. If you haven’t bought tickets, they are available at the door of participating wineries, 103 of the 160, participating this 2nd weekend.
For those of you going this weekend, who didn’t catch my 4 articles, check out these for hints and tips.
also for Wineries:
Since not all wineries participate both weekends, and I learned of some new additions, here is an updated list of the Wineries offering special incentives on existing inventory. (Different than futures discounts.)
- When you arrive in Alexander Valley this weekend check in on FourSquare and/or Tweet about @StrykerSonoma & @TrioneWinery. While you are at each Winery receive a special discount of 30% on 3 bottles or more and free swag! (Architectural Rendering Shirt at Stryker) Just show the tasting room staff what you had to say about @StrykerSonoma & @TrioneWinery to receive your discount & Swag!!
Visit BOTH Wineries and Be Eligible for:
- Visitors who check in at both wineries will be entered into a drawing for a lunch for Ten atop the mountain, overlooking Alexander Valley.
- As an extra special treat, Secret Barrel Samples at Stryker Sonoma (officially not doing barrel tasting this weekend).AND Futures are still 15% off (Stryker only discounts to Club Members usually.)
- Check out Michel-Schlumberger’s crazy deals; $10 bottles and $100 cases.
- In addition to their renowned “Crazy Coffaro Futures Program,” David Coffaro will be offering the following for $20 each:
- 2006 My Zin, 2006 Cabernet (Sonoma County), 2006 Petite Sirah, 2006 Escuro
- Mueller Winery is offering Mueller Winery is offering a 15% discount on all current release bottled wines, Friday through Sunday. They are also releasing our 2007 Mueller Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir tomorrow. (92 cases produced)
- Manzanita Creek is offering their 2006 MC2 (squared) Zin for just $64 per case (SRP $14), and we have their 2005 Stealth Zin, Sweepstakes winner at the International Pro Wine Buyers Competition at the other extreme for just $396 per case (SRP $55.)
J Keverson (revised)
- J Keverson has a special offer: 2007 Starkey’s Court Dry Creek Zin On Friday 10 cases $99.00 Reg. $300.00. After the 1st 10 are gone $150 (50% off retail.)
Previous Weekends Offers Still Going (To best of my knowledge)
- Lynmar is offering Purchases including these four wines: 2004 Quail Hill Estate Chard, 2006 Russian River Pinot Noir, 2006 Russian River Chardonnay (almost gone) & 2006 Sonoma Coast Syrah are priced at the following discount: 3btls: 20% off, 6btls: 25% off, 12btls: 35% off.
- Longboard Is offering a a mix-and-match discount special for your-choice combination of our Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Point Break Red. 3 bottles for $60, 6 bottles for $120 and a case for $240.”In addition Longboard has just put out a Magnums only library release with prices starting @ $100. (Club discounts apply.) Their 2005 Syrah is also on sale by the case.
- Mounts is offering special discounts on its existing inventory, which includes Rose, Cabernet, Petite Syrah, Syrah and Zin.10% on half case (normally 5%), 20% on full case (normally 10%) You can mix and match for full case discount – no minimum per varietal required.
- Trione Is offering a special case discount on the 2007 Sauvignon Blanc of $138 to people who mention the hashtag #barreltasting, check in on Foursquare, or Twitter/Facebook/Blog promotion.
- Also, each day they will be drawing a prize to every 100th customer who comes. The prizes will include but are not limited to hats, T-shirts and VIP tour and tasting for 6 people with a wine educator.
- Kokomo is putting 2006 Dry Creek Zin on special. It normally retails for $27, but for the weekends only during the event, it will be $22.50.
- Sausal Winery is offering a 15% discount on any purchase of our 2006 Private Reserve Zinfandel (100% Estate Zin from 90 year-old vines) and a 15% discount off any purchase on our Sogni ‘d Oro (Italian style blend of Sangiovese, Zinfandel, Carignane, and Petite Sirah.)
- They will also be doing a 15% off discount off any 6 bottles purchase (mix and match) or 20% off a case (mix and match).
- Acorn Is offering 15% off 6-11 bottles, and 30% off a case, of their 2006 Sangiovese, Axiom Syrah, and Heritage Vines Zinfandel. Mixed Cases ok.
- Dutcher Crossing is offering a 4 pack special in the tasting room for 15% off.
Other Interesting Offers
D’Argenzio Winery (both weekends)
- D’Argenzio is holding a raffle to win 2 complementary tickets to winemaker dinner at Inn at the Tides, May 21 Friday night $79.00 each, Each purchase of a case of wine earns an entry into drawing and winners at the end of each weekend.
Have a Great Barrel Tasting weekend! Be safe, stock up on wine, and let us know on our Facebook Fan site, where ya want!