Posts Tagged ‘steven kent’
Join Simple Hedonisms this Friday 4-6 pm for a Live Tasting of Steven Kent &amp; La Rochelle Wines
Simple Hedonisms receives a fair amount of invites to attend live Twitter tastings – a format where you receive the wines, and then join other bloggers on Twitter, tasting, chatting and discussing.
I turn more of these down then accept these days, often either because of ‘day job’ travel conflicts or
often the wines are more mass market and just less interesting.
However I was super excited to receive an invitation to taste the great wines of Steven Kent (Mirassou) and his other label La Rochelle. La Rochelle specializes in Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.I discovered the La Rochelle Pinot Noir, some years ago at Pinot on The River and was a big fan.
Live, virtual tastings on Twitter can be quite fun to follow, and better yet, join in. Hand selected bloggers will be comparing notes, and engaging the winemaker cheap cialis from canada in questions and dialog.
You can follow along on Twitter hashtag #StevenKentWines – simply search for it on your Twitter browser or application. (You can also go to search.twitter.com and enter #StevenKentWines .)
On Twitter, you may join in and ask questions, reply to the winemakers or bloggers etc. (Twitter account required.)
You can also purchase the wines and share your thoughts!
Wine shops like K&L Wines, JJ Buckley, and Beltramos carry them, amongst others.
- Winemaker Steven Kent Mirassou – @StevenMirassou
- Steven Kent Winery – @skwinery
- La Rochelle – @larochellewine
From 4-6 pm, Pacific time, the bloggers will taste through these wines with the winemaker:
- 2011 “Lola” (Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon Blend) $24
- 2010 La Rochelle Chardonnay, Dutton-Morelli Lane, Russian River Valley $65
- 2009 La Rochelle Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands $38
- 2009 La Rochelle Pinot Noir, Donum Estate, Carneros $75
- 2009 Steven Kent Petite Verdot, Ghielmetti Vineyard, Livermore Valley $50
- 2009 Steven Kent Cabernet, Home Ranch Vineyard, Livermore Valley $65
Find one and join us!
For those that miss it, I will add notes to my Cellartracker tasting notes – now over 1,000 notes recorded!
See you on Twitter, and cheers.