Posts Tagged ‘Grüner Veltliner’
This was was a
steal at Oliver’s Market
in Santa Rosa for $11. At 11.5% alc, and a fan of Grüner Veltliner, I couldn’t resist and bought blind without even looking
Sadly, domestic, good Gruner is hard to find, so indulge yourself with a foreign investment.
Tasting Notes: 2011 Höpler Grüner Veltliner
To The Eye: Pale straw color, with slight hint of effervescence.
On The Nose: Green apple, lime peel, hint of wet stone.
In the Mouth: Green apple, citrus, nice minerality, bright but well rounded fruit, despite the acidity.
buy discount cialis
Recommendation: A great summer sipper. Recommended. Great QPR. 89 points.
Expand beyond NZ Sauv Blanc will you?!
Please take out of the fridge 15 minutes before drinking.
Overchilling will obliterate the subtleties of most whites, expect the bad ones of course, then over chilling is encouraged!
Your email is always secure and never distributed. (You will need to click an activation link via email to complete your subscription.)
- What I Drank Last Month (Nov 2013) Part 2
- What I Drank Last Month (Nov 2013) Part 1
- Four Rosé Top Picks for the Holiday Table. Grab One This Week.
- TBD and AQ: Two Restaurants, One Memorable Dining Experience
- What I Drank The Last Few Weeks (Sept 23-Oct 27)
- What I Drank the Last Few Weeks (August 15 – September 22)
- Celebrate Friday Sept 20 #GrenacheDay With the Rhone Rangers in Healdsburg, 2-7pm Tasting
- ‘Shipping Included’ – the Future of Direct to Consumer? An interview with Bonny Doon Vineyard
- May 26th is International #Chardonnay Day. Here's how to follow, participate, celebrate
- The Wine Road launches their iPhone App. Review & User Tutorial
- A New Beginning & Old World Renaissance? Robert Parker to Cease Reviewing California Wine
- Wine of the Week – Sheldon 2009 Graciano Ripkin Vineyard, Lodil
- ‘Sonoma William’ Joins Forces With the Rhone Rangers; Some History & New Directions
- Wine Clubs – A Review of Different Types and Benefits
- My thoughts on Wine Road Barrel Tasting.
- My 2010 Rhone Harvest – Garagiste or Passion Gone Runaway?
- Education (49)
- Events (135)
- Food (2)
- French Wine (2)
- Gifts (5)
- Harvest (6)
- MicroBrew (1)
- Paleo (1)
- Pinot Noir (10)
- Question of The Week (14)
- Restaurant (3)
- Rhone wines (22)
- Rosé (4)
- Social Media (18)
- Sonoma (1)
- Spanish Wine (3)
- Sparkling Wine (1)
- Spirits (1)
- Tasting Notes (Short Review) (11)
- Uncategorized (9)
- What I Drank This Week (3)
- Wine Gadgets (6)
- Wine Making (6)
- Wine Marketing (8)
- Wine of the Week (3)
- Wine Reviews (75)
- Wine Road (11)
- Winery (86)
- Winery of the Month (3)