(Make sure you read to the bottom for special discount for Simple Hedonisms readers, and a chance to win a free ticket!)
If you’re passionate about Pinot, I’d suggest you purchase tickets for the 2010 Pinot Noir Summit, before this divine experience is sold out. No industry passes, I even paid (gladly) for mine. Only 250 tickets are available, and this event sells out every year, the last seven years.
The event is Feb 27th, 2010 at Osher Marin Jewish Community Center, 200 N. San Pedro Road in San Rafael, CA.
The Summit offers two tracks, one is an entire day of events, the other is a Reception and Awards ceremony.
Full Day Pinot Noir Summit Tickets (including the Reception & Awards Ceremony)
The day long Pinotcentric events begins with The Pinot Noir Showdown, a blind tasting of 40 top-rated Pinot Noirs. Attendees become wine judges for the day and pit their palates against the expert panel, tasting and voting on their favorites.
Following the Showdown, guests may attend two Pinot Noir workshops featuring wine experts from around the country exploring the many faces and facets of Pinot Noir with top winemakers and viticulturists. Topics include:
- When Pinot Sparkles… ~ Blanc de Noirs are sparkling wines made from black grapes, typically Pinot Noir. Taste some wonderful examples of these wines, explore how these wines are produced. The panel will discuss the process, appellations and food pairings.
- Food and Pinot Noir Pairing ~ An exploration of Pinot Noir pairings. What works with which style of Pinot Noir…taste for yourself.
- Winemaking 101 ~ The challenges a winemaker faces from harvest through bottling. When are decisions made and how do you decide? Three winemakers discuss the “process” as each share a wine that has not been released as yet.
- Discovering New Stars ~ An introduction and tasting of wines from young wineries producing fabulous Pinot Noir
- A Global Perspective on Pinot Noir ~ Yes, it’s the same grape. Are the wines different? Find out as we taste wines from three different classic growing regions: Russian River Valley, New Zealand and Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Sustainable? Organic? Does it matter? ~ What effect do vineyard practices have on the quality of the wine? A panel of winemakers and wine growers discuss this very controversial subject as they share wines produced from their vineyards.
Pinot Noir Reception and Awards Ceremony:
Winemakers, proprietors, and winery personnel will share their outstanding Pinot Noirs and a taste of other wines they produce at the 8th Annual Pinot Noir Summit. Discover the identity of the wines you tasted at the Pinot Noir Showdown. The final results will be announced at The Pinot Noir Summit at 8:00 PM on February 27, 2010 and the winners will be unveiled during a reception featuring top Pinot winemakers and winery owners showcasing their wines with specially paired hors d’oeuvres.
- Full Day Pinot Noir Summit Tickets (including the Reception & Awards Ceremony): Normally $125 per person, Blog readers can click HERE to save 20%, only $100.
- Pinot Noir Reception and Awards Ceremony Only: Normally $75 per person, Blog readers can click HERE to save 20% off, only $60.
Also, enter a drawing on their Facebook Fan Page to win a free ticket. Simply become a Fan, and post on their wall what do you love about Pinot Noir? (Don’t wait to see if you win to purchase, or you may miss out, as it will sell out. If you win, they will refund your purchase, or you can bring a friend.)