Sonoma County's finest hour is at hand, at the Taste of Sonoma event, the showcase of the Sonoma Wine Country Weekend experience. For those of you who waited to buy tickets, it sold out again this week, the earliest ever. (I did warn you!) A few tickets to the Sonoma Starlight Supper Club are still available. That's tonight fyi! Simple Hedonisms will be there to partake of this new event.
Sonoma Wine Country Weekend Sommelier Stars from across the US
The Taste of Sonoma offers more than just the amazing AVA based wine & food pairings and tastings. Seminars, food demonstrations, and other educational experiences abound. These are lead by a team of rock star Sommelier's who have traveled to share their expertise with attendees.
Sommeliers from Northern California, as well as cities as far as 3,000 miles away, will serve as resident all-star wine guides at several events taking place throughout Sonoma County this coming weekend at the 2012 Sonoma Wine Country Weekend, co-produced by the Sonoma Valley Vintners and Growers Foundation and Sonoma County Vintners.
The rising wine experts, known as the “Sonoma Wine Country Weekend Sommelier Stars,” are sponsored by Rodney Strong Vineyards and Southern Wine & Spirits. The somms will be immersed in Sonoma to gain an even deeper understanding of the region and the wines. They will also lead seminars and tours at Taste of Sonoma at MacMurray Ranch in Healdsburg on Saturday, September 1 as well as provide custom wine service to auction guests at the 20th annual Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction at Chateau St. Jean in Kenwood on Sunday, September 2.
The 2012 Sonoma Wine Country Weekend Sommelier Stars are:
- Charlie Berg – BOURBON STEAK, Washington DC
- Nichole Dishman – Viognier Restaurant, San Mateo, CA
- Sian Ferguson-Nagan – Root Down & Linger, Denver, CO
- Michael Garcia – Southern Wine & Spirits, San Francisco, CA
- Bjorn Kock – Salt House, San Francisco, CA
- Mariya Kovacheva – Café Boulud, Palm Beach, FL
- Dana Manison – Southern Wine & Spirits, San Francisco, CA
- Christopher McFadden – Hy’s Steakhouse, Vancouver, BC
- Jennifer Perlstein – buy discount cialis online Americano Restaurant at the Hotel Vitale, San Francisco, CA
- Bert Rangle – River's End, Jenner-by-the-Sea, CA
- Stefen Soltysiak – Rodney Strong Wine Estates, Healdsburg, CA
- Deirdre Summers – Scala's Bistro, San Francisco, CA
- Ryan Williams – Ana Mandara, San Francisco, CA
Proceeds from Sonoma Wine Country Weekend benefit local communities and charities serving students, children, farm workers and people in need. To date, more than $11 million has been raised jointly by the Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Foundation and Sonoma County Vintners. The 2012 Sonoma Wine Country Weekend is set for Labor Day Weekend, August 31 – September 2, 2012.
For those who cannot attend the Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction, yet would still like to participate in the charitable effort, an online auction of additional lots, including many of Sonoma County’s finest large format wine bottles and exclusive experiences, is open for bidding through September 7, 2012 at http://www.biddingforgood.com/sonomawinecountryweekend.
Follow Live On Twitter
Those of you who can't attend, can follow the fun live via Twitter. If my Verizon Mifi does the job, I'll be
broadcasting recommendations and photos over Twitter via hashtag #SWCW12
Cheers to Sonoma and her many wonderful people, experiences, and treasures!