Join "The Club" This Sunday for Healdsburg "Wine'd Up" – Details & Drawing to Win Entry to This Exclusive Event!
What better way to get into the Holiday Spirit than to spend the day being treated like royalty by 25 Wineries in Healdsburg.
Its the Second Annual Wine’d Up!
Wine club members at any one of the participating wineries get to be a Wine Club member of the others, that day only. What a great way to taste, discover, and buy wines, at a club price.
Not a Wine Club Member? Enter to Be One for The Day
Well, first you could/should consider joining one. I am a big proponent of wine clubs, as I wrote in Wine Clubs – A Review of Different Types and Benefits.
Simple Hedonisms and Thumbprint Cellars will give four lucky couples tickets for the day. TWO ways to win. Enter BOTH ways, to double your chances.
(1) In comments, tell us which winery below you would pick to be a wine club member of and why. Or if you are a wine club member – why. You can gift your tickets if you win, as you obviously can already attend.
(2) Sign up for an email subscription, for Simple Hedonisms. Its fast, free, secure, and takes only a minute. In the top right, simply enter your email address, go to your Inbox and click confirm on the verification link, and you are entered. (Non verified subscriptions won’t be entered.)
Featured Winery Offers for Wine’d Up
When you check in and start, you will be given a card with detail from each winery. Below are highlights of some of the offers.
Davis Family Vineyards
- 20% off all wines
- In addition to the 6 wines that are part of the tasting we will be pouring from large formats as well.
- Will be doing a cheese & truffle pairing with truffles from Truffle Gateaux.
- We are also offering a gift with a 6 bottle + purchase.
At Downtown Wine we will extend a 15% discount on all purchases to wine club members PLUS just $1 shipping on cases.
We are also offering a 6 pack Holiday Deal that includes the following wines:
REGULAR PRICE $165, DEAL PRICE $140
- 2009 Hobo Wine Company Treborce Zinfandel Reg $30
- 2010 Folk Machine Three Ceremonies Reg $22
- 2009 Make Work Wine Company The Plan Reg$35
- 2006 Branham Jazz* Reg $26
- 2007 Branham Jazz* Reg $26
- 2008 Branham Jazz Reg $26
We will be releasing our new 2010 Reserve Petite Sirah. It comes from small hillside vineyard on West Dry Creek Rd. and we made less than 100 cases.We will be pairing it with a semi-sweet dark chocolate.
Hudson Street Wineries
A partnership of five boutique wineries in one tasting room. (Bluenose, Kelley & Young, Sadler-Wells, Shippey Vineyards and Willowbrook).
- We will be serving grilled chicken sausages and assorted cheese from Vella and Marin French Cheese Company.
- Offering 20% discount on all our wines to Wine’d Up participants.
- Holiday discounts including a 50% case discount on Bluenose 2006 Zinfandel and Kelley & Young 2008 Sauvignon Blanc and up to 30% on everything else.
J. Keverson Winery
- Serving Bánh mì – Vietnamese Pork Sandwich
- 30% off wine purchased on Sunday for new club members
- 2007 Sangiovese sale
$15/bottle or $144/case
- Flight of 5 small production, non-distributed Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. New 2010 release of Russian River Chard paired with a Winter Soup – (mushroom, potato, bacon) and New 2008 release of Sonoma County Syrah paired with an Oreo Crumble with chocolate espresso bean crush and cherry drizzle cake.
- Additional promotion: 25% off for new wine club members & 30% off case discounts
Affronti is catering pairing three types of crostini-bites with our wines:
- Basil Pesto + Parmesan (Sauv. Blanc)
- Duck Rillette + Fig Gastrique (Pinot Noir)
- Pinchito Beef + Manchego (Bigger Reds: Merlot, Cab., Syrah)
We will be offering a 20% discount to all participants on EVERYTHING including current & library releases, large-formats, merchandise & apparel.
Murphy-Goode and Edmeades
- Wine Club Member discount, 20% Bottles, 25% Case
- New WC members enjoy a 35% discount.
- Seasonal Music
- Food Pairings by Healdsburg’s own Kathy King Catering:
Prime Rib Sliders
- 2006 Snake Eyes Zinfandel-Murphy-Goode
- 2007 Snake Eyes Zinfandel-Murphy-Goode
- 2006 Perli Zinfandel-Edmeades
- 2007 Perli Zinfandel-Edmeades
Salty Nut Carmel Chews
- 2008 Late Harvest Semillion-Murphy-Goode
- 2005 Late Harvest Zinfandel-Murphy-Goode
- 2006 Perli Late Harvest Zinfandel-Edmeades
2004 Terra a Lago Cabernet Sauvignon – Reg $35 today $22.75
- We will be serving a recipe created by Tim Borges: Italian Roma Tomato Based Chilli with fresh sauted japapeno peppers, red onion and bell peppers. Made with Itailian Moretti beer, browned with Italian seasoning on ground chuck roast, cubed roast and boneless pork chops.
- 20% off all wine purchases. 30% off case and a complimentary bottle of Luna Portalupi Olive Oil.
- Complimentary tasting of Luna Portalupi Balsamic Vinegars and Oils.
- featuring the upbeat musical stylings of Rose City Ramblers, from 1-4.
- showcasing the wildly popular 2008 climax blend and a newly released 2010 Gewurtztraminer from Saralee’s Vineyard, as well as an outstanding 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon from Andolsen Vineyard, and who knows what other types of surprises.
- thumbprint’s owner and winemaker, recently named The Bad Boy of Winemaking, Scott Lindstrom-Dake will pull off the shelves to pop open.
- There will be honey demonstrations by Moonshine Trading Co., flatbreads, cheese platters and many more noshy treats.
- Should you decide to join one of thumbprint’s wine clubs and become a ‘thumbsucker’ or a ‘friend with benefit’ you will receive an additional 10% off your wine club discounts on all purchases that day.
- We will have live music, games, food and of course wine!
- Buy a Wine Tails Calendar, Be Entered to Win A Year Wine Club, $450 Value. Topel just released its annual Wine Tails calendar, a fundraiser for the Healdsburg Animal Shelter. These are great gifts for $20, help a great cause AND for each one you purchase, you are entered into a drawing for our Trio Wine Club, a $450 value, for $1!
- Register Here on EventBrite, To Be Entered for Drawings. Register here, print out and bring along your registration, and we will enter you into drawings for Topel gift certificates. Put them in someone’s stocking, or use them yourself!
- One Stop Wine Purchase for Your Gifts AND Your Holiday Table: Whether you need wine for your own family feast, a gift for someone you’re trying to impress or a ready-to-go party pack, we have the perfect 4-Bottle Topel Holiday Wine Gift for the perfect price: $99!
- 2009 Topel Chardonnay “Classique,” which is fantastic paired with fresh Dungeness Crab from the Sonoma Coast, plus 3 bottles of our Topel Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Reserve (2005, 2006 and 2007), sublime when served with heartier dishes, like Prime Rib and Beef Bourguignon. Our regular price for these 4 wines is $143. That’s a savings of more than 30%!
- Foi Gras and Water Chestnut Stuffed Mushrooms with Blanc De Noir and Persimmon Drizzle Paired with the 2007 Windsor Blanc de Noirs Carneros
- Crab and Shrimp Crustini paired with 2010 Windsor Chardonnay Evelyn Parrish Vineyard
- Handmade Lamb Sausage with dried cranberries and pistachio nuts with whole grain mustard sauce paired with 2009 Windsor Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County
- We will be offering a selection of holiday gifts, stemware, wine accessories, clothing, wine and more:
- 30% family discount on all purchases for Wine Club Members
- 20% discount on wine purchases only for event participants
- Complimentary glass of bubbles when you refer a friend to the club
See Everyone Sunday,
Davis Family Vineyards
Kelley & Young