In a few hours I hit the road to Paso Robles, for the 19th Hospice du Rhone a mecca of education & tastings of Rhone Producers all over the world. (See: A Rhone Event Like No Other – Hospice du Rhone April 29-30 Paso Robles (OR – The French are Coming!)
Coming along with me are the ‘tools of my trade’ as a wine writer for live coverage.
- Netbook (way faster to take/tweet Tasting notes, and software tools on a PC are much better than a smartphone
- Laptop (most for the IRL job emergencies)
- iPhone 4 – for immediate upload of pics, and tasting notes during the walk around tastings, and the AWESOME iRhone iPhone app.
- Verizon Mifi – Portable Internet for the Netbook, and iPad, iPhone when AT&T conks out
- iPad 3G – not sure I will actually use, but I always schlep it so I feel like I bought it for a good reason.
- new DLSR camera (still don’t know how to use properly. )
- Messenger bag to place all said items and stuff in goodies, literature, and energy bars.
- wine stems, wine, and microbrew (need I explain?)
How to Follow HdR in More Than Just Spirit
I will also be uploading some pictures and updates as I go on the blog Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/SimpleHedonisms.
If you are attending, please do come introduce yourself – I always love to meet wine people!
Cheers and lets get ready to Rhonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne!