After a 2 month hiatus, I am pleased to announce the return of our monthly Sonoma Facebook Wine Meetup. (You don’t HAVE to be on Facebook to attend, that was just the original premise, turning virtual friends into real ones.)
Our hosts this month are two wonderful small producers; Ray D’Argenzio of D’Argenzio Winery (noteworthy Italian varietals, amongst others) and Dylan and Tobe Sheldon of Sheldon Wines, (in their new tasting room) – one of my fave new local producers of Rhone wine (and Burgundian.)
We’ll have lots of great wines poured, a pizza taste off, and a preview of the new Santa Rosa Vintners Square, the brain child of Ray D’Argenzio; an exciting project that will transform part of this part Santa Rosa.
If this, and seeing all your friends, old and new, isn’t enough, all ticket proceeds will be donated to the Redwood Food Bank, continuing the Wine Road blazing trail. (I haven’t now, or ever taken payment for these events, they actually cost me money.)
Tickets are $8.50 in advance, available here via Brown Paper Tickets. or $10 at the door.This month, Entry includes:
- Tickets for 3 tastes (2 oz pour) at each winery (6 total)
- Raffle ticket for wine drawings. Pre-paid entry holders get two tickets, at the door gets one
- New this event, persons/wineries bringing wine for a door prize will also receive an additional ticket. (Donating wineries are allowed to present their wine, if they wish.)
- Besides wine, the raffles will include tix to the Wine Road’s January Winter Wineland!
- Catered local pizza taste-off. Compare pizza’s from Franco’s, Jackson’s, Momdo’s, WholeFoods Coddingtown, and maybe more!
- Additional wine is available for only $5 a glass: Sheldon – Naris white Rhone blend, Grenache, or Petit Sirah. D’Argenzio – Moscato di Fresco (white) Pinot, or Zin.
- Bottle Sales: current releases are on sale for onsite consumption or take-home, at special discount: 20% for consumers, 30% for industry (please bring a card/proof.) If you like the wines, please support these small artisan producers.
The event runs 530 – 7:30 (will stay later depending on interest, sales.) Raffle drawing is at 7pm, must be present to win.
Lets have a great time, raise money for the Foodbank, and put the ‘social’ in Social Networking!
Cheers and Happy Holidays
p.s. I am getting a fair increase enquiries to send samples for end of year wine review requests. I am ramping up reviews all through the Holiday Season. If you wish a wine considered for review, and don’t want to ship it, feel free to bring it to the event.