Don’t miss the Sept 9-10 inspiring “Black Cat Cabaret” Fundraiser for Pet’s Lifeline Sonoma; Ticket Contest Giveaway ($150 value)
Experience a magical evening with performances by international cirque aerialists, acrobats and musicians in support of a good cause at the 2nd annual Black Cat Cabaret. This one-of-a-kind event takes place in an intimate venue that transports the audience into an exotic environment with a “Year of the Tiger” theme.
Twenty aerialists, artists, dancers and musicians, who perform daily in one of Las Vegas’ best-known theatrical shows, are taking a time out from the big stage to generously donate their time and talents to present entirely original acts in an exclusive local showing that will support the programs and services offered by Pets Lifeline, Sonoma Valley’s only animal shelter.
So what does this have to do about wine you ask?
- I am a massive dog fan. My current companion for the last decade is Flash, an amazing Aussie I got from rescue when he was two, after being abandoned once, then rescued and beaten in his adopted home. His resilient, majestic, loving presence has touched the hearts of many throughout his life, and I am blessed to have found him; a gem among the many wonderful dogs of my life.
- I am a huge fan of Cirque du Soleil. Their amazing demonstrations of human prowess and grace are stunning to behold, the closer the better. A number of Cirque performers volunteer in this fundraiser. You can see their bios here.
- Simple Hedonisms was never just about wine; it celebrates the many simple pleasures, not ‘things’, that enrich our lives, good food, good friends, music, celebration of life; which for many in Sonoma County includes a furry friend who makes our heart lift when we come in the door after a hard day.
Enter to Win Tickets ($150 value):
This event WILL sell out again, but two lucky readers of Simple Hedonisms, and Two Fans of the Facebook page for Pets Lifeline of Sonoma will win a pair of tickets.
To win couldn’t be easier. Head to their Fan page, ‘Like’ Them and then tell us in your own thoughts
What is the best thing about adopting a cat or dog from a shelter?
Personally, I’d love it if you wish to embellish in your answer, or here in blog comments, any heart warming stories about your own adoptions and rescues; but make sure you post on the Fan site to be eligible to win.
Contest starts Thursday, August 26th on their Fan page and ends next Tuesday August 31st.
For a video about the amazing job Pets Lifeline does, and some insights to the show and auction:
More on Black Cat Cabaret
The 2nd Annual Black Cat Cabaret features renowned performers from Las Vegas in an all-original show to benefit Pets Lifeline of Sonoma.
Filled with spectacular theatrical exploits, the Black Cat Cabaret includes exciting pre-show entertainment, fabulous wines, local cuisine, a live auction of extremely distinctive items and special behind-the-scenes VIP receptions. All proceeds go to support the programs and services offered by Pets Lifeline, Sonoma Valley’s only animal shelter.
When: Thursday, September 9 and Friday, September 10
- Time: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. VIP Reception
- 7:30 – General Admission check-in
- 8:00 -10:00 p.m. Performance with Live Auction
- Location: “Field of Dreams” (Fazio Field)
- 151 First Street West, Sonoma, CA 95476
$250 Top Dog: Tickets include: Best seats in the house. Pre-show reception with food and wine at the Black Cat lounge and garden. Preferred parking at Veteran’s Hall. Complimentary beverage service at your seat. An invitation to join the artists backstage after the performance.
$175 Cool Cat: Tickets include: Second best seats in the house. Pre-show reception with food and wine at the Black Cat lounge and garden. Complimentary parking at Veteran’s Hall. Complimentary beverage service at your seat.
$75 General Admission: Due to limited supply General Admission tickets are only available by phone. Please call 707.996.4577 x110
The Sonoma Index-Tribune described the event as:
It was an event, an experience, that raised Sonoma Valley fundraising to a new level…an evening that will not be forgotten.
I will be down front enjoying the show, and actively bidding for a good cause, hope to see all of you – cheers!