Never a dull moment here in Wine Country, coming off the heels of 2 weekends of The Wine Road’s Barrel Tasting, we change to another part of Sonoma County, and a ‘cozier’ event, hosted by the Heart of Sonoma Valley Association. The 20th Annual Savor Sonoma Food and Wine Experience features 22 wineries in the historic Glen Ellen and Kenwood regions.
This event is fun and ‘savory’ – all participating wineries are offering food and wine pairings. In addition many are offering barrel samples, selling futures, and featuring live music and local artists. The full program is available here; as always I encourage attendees to print it out, and make a mini-plan, especially if you only plan one day.
Glen Ellen and Kenwood are easily accessible from downtown Sonoma, Santa Rosa, Carneros and Napa – why not enjoy the scenery, leisurely drive, and spend one day (or both) this weekend enjoying food, wine, art and music, with wineries large and small, new and historic.
Participating Wineries Include:
Audelssa Estate Winery, Benziger Family Winery, Chateau St. Jean, Deerfield Ranch Winery, Enkidu Wines, Eric Ross Winery, Family Wineries of Kenwood, Imagery Estate Winery, Kenwood Vineyards, Kunde Family Estate, Landmark Vineyards, Ledson Winery & Vineyards, Little Vineyards, Loxton Cellars, Mayo Family Winery, Muscardini Cellars, Paradise Ridge Winery, St. Francis Winery, Ty Caton Vineyards, VJB Vineyards & Cellars, Valley of the Moon Winery and Wellington Vineyards.
Featured Musicians include:
- Laurent Fourgo’s Trio (Jazz) at Landmark Vineyards
- Josh Little & his Trio (Jazz) at Little Vineyards
- Seth Walker (Blues) at Loxton Cellars
- The Sharks (Saturday) & The Corkpullers (Sunday) at Imagery Estate Winery
- Sparky Thorne at Benziger Family Winery
- The Don Giovannis (6-piece Italian Band) at VJB Vineyards & Cellars
- John Shearer (Acoustic Guitar) at Valley of the Moon Winery.
Featured Artists include:
- Stella and Dot Jewelry at St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Leslee Maggiora Jewelry at Eric Ross Winery
- Bella Barrels (Barrel Stave Merchandise) at Valley of the Moon Winery
- Zaza Gallery (Stretched Canvas Photography) at Valley of the Moon Winer
- Belgique Truffle Gateaux (Baked Truffles) at Valley of the Moon Winery
- Twisted Sister (Local Handmade Jewelry) at Valley of the Moon Winery
- San Tasti (a new drink to relieve palate fatigue) at Valley of the Moon Winery.
Enter “Question of the Week” to Win 2 Tickets, or Merchandise
Wednesday night we will be drawing for a pair of free tickets. To enter, go to the Heart of Sonoma Valley Facebook Fan page, scroll down to the Question of the Week posting, and submit your question. Wednesday night will draw a winner, and answer the question.
I can’t wait to attend this event! Look for a 1-2 more posts this week, including a special article end of week featuring special winery sales incentives. Until then this recent article on barrel tasting may help as well!
Wine, food, music, art, Sonoma Valley, for only $55 for 2 days – and you don’t have tickets why? Available online through Wednesday, grab some, they have sold out before!
p.s. See some of you at the Friday night Sonoma Wine Meetup in Downtown Sonoma – 75+ wine industry, consumers. Putting the social in Social Networking!